The ideal candidate will be responsible for performing accounting. You will support our business growth and accounting department by processing invoices, transactions, expenses as well as updating our accounting database. This position will give you the opportunity to grow your accounting knowledge and experience.
New entities and bank accounts:
- Reconcile investors equity in the books, maintain investors records, issue end of the year K-1.
- Communicate with investors questions as needed and issue 1099s at the end of the year.
- Set-up new entities in QuickBooks Desktop, set-up auto payments for loans and reconcile payments in the QuickBooks.
- Enter and reconcile closing statements in QuickBooks.
- Follow-up payments are made on time to lenders and correspond with lenders as needed (sending financials and answering questions).
- Reconcile bank accounts, loan accounts, reserve accounts, and all other accounts in QuickBooks and maintain records based on GAAP Regulations.
- Communicate with the CPA’s team about annual Federal Tax, Franchise Tax, K-1s.
- Maintain vendor records and COI in the system: vendors’ contact information and W-9.
- Check the bills against various contracts and pricing agreements before approving for payment: percentage of completion, pricing, discrepancies, etc.
- Review increases in budget and pricing and update the owner with weekly reviews about percentage of completion.
- Receive bills and enter the system and issue payments on time.
- Correspond with vendors as needed.
- Meet with the CEO once a week to go through Payables and send payments out.
- Review and book expenses and matching reimbursables.
- Enter payroll expenses to the system.
- Post ACH Receivables in the books (usually, from investors)
- Post other deposits in the books and make sure deposits are made to the bank.
- Other related assignments:
- Review and find discrepancies.
- Overview varies contracts and pricings.
- Maintain GAAP Regulations.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or a related field of study
- 2-3 years’ of experience working in Accounting
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Highly detail-oriented